Here is my list of recommendations for New Orleans:
- Galatatoir’s – old school New Orleans – you can go late at night – and split entrees
- Domenica’s – This is the John Best Italian restaurant in the Roosevelt Hotel. They used to have a great happy hour (and food) from 3-6
- Emeril’s in the Central Business District (CBD) – We like to sit at the bar – best gumbo!
- Central Grocery – the classic – best place to get a New Orleans muffalato sandwich (to share – they are big!)
- Cafe Du Mond of course – go early in the morning and walk around Jackson Square or late at night!
- I don’t know why I like this place so much – it’s super cheasy – but go have a hard cocktail at the rotating bar at the Carousel Bar at the Hotel Montelone.
- Breakfast – take the streetcar up St. Charles to uptown – Surrey’s Uptown – first come, first serve – be really nice to the hostess. Great food.
- Here is one more – I haven’t eaten here, but this is one place I’d try – it’s a new John Best restaurant – breakfast, lunch, and brunch – it’s in the Central Business District and looks amazing. Willa Jean’s
Here is what we love to do in New Orleans:
- WWII Museum – if you’re up for being a tourist
- Walk all around the CBD, the French Quarter, and then Uptown – hit the Art Galleries and tiny shops (Avoid anything around the stupid casinos)
- Take the street car up St. Charles (Uber is good too – but the street car is cheap entertainment)
- Jackson Square
- Or wherever you hear good music!